Numerous appointments regarding the National Board of Directors of the Puerto Rico Statehood Students Association occurred over the course of the 2007-2008 winter break. Meet our new appointees who will help lead PRSSA to success in 2008 and beyond:
- Ms. Astrid Martínez Miller, a first year student at the School of Law of the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico, was recently appointed Secretary of the Association. She will assist the President and Vice President in keeping the Association organized and running effectively for the campaigns of 2008.
- Mr. Raúl R. Vidal Sepúlveda, a first year student at the Washington College of Law of the American University in Washington, D.C., who was named our Executive Director and delegate to Washington, D.C. He will perform significant operational tasks for the Association as set forth by the President. Furthermore, he will represent the Association in our nation’s capital and assist Puerto Rico’s statehood lobby.
- Ms. Alithia Acosta, third year student at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, was named Regional Director for the Northeast. She will organize and coordinate with the local representations of PRSSA in the Northeast and promote the Association in the following states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
- Mr. Javier Aguilú, a senior at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, was appointed Regional Director for the South. He will organize and coordinate with the local representations of PRSSA in the South and promote the Association in the following states: Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware.
- Mr. Roberto González Crespo, a senior in Colegio Santa Rosa of Bayamón, Puerto Rico, was named Regional Director for the Caribbean. He will organize and coordinate with the local representations of PRSSA in the Caribbean and promote the Association in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, you can view the personal profiles of our National Board members through the following link: http://www.prssa.we.bs/eboard.html.